Our weekend...snow, shells, and driftwood

A very good start to the weekend.....my car arrived!!!!!!! I am so glad to have in back. It took about 6 weeks to get here from Louisiana.

Saturday morning we awoke to more snow! It was even lower on the mountains.

So daddy scrambled up some Green Eggs and Ham LOL. And we had a nice warm breakfast before setting out on our adventures for the day.

A wanted to play in the snow, but there was just not enough on the ground here, so we decided to take a drive up into the mountains and play.

On the way we saw 5 seals playing in the water (but I just couldn't get a good picture of them). But we did see this guy.
And were able to watch him take flight.
It was beautiful as we drove, and you could see the coating of snow high on the mountain.

We stopped and looked out over the Bering Sea and watched a storm move in.
Then kept driving because the storm was moving pretty quickly.

We stopped at the top and A was thrilled!

We couldn't stay long because the storm started closing in on us. So we headed off the mountain. And saw this rainbow as we neared town.

After having lunch and resting for awhile. We headed back out, this time to the beach to collect some shells and driftwood.
And I just had to stop and take a picture of this sign that I see every time we head out towards Summer's Bay. The southern girl in me is just blown away. LOL

I am still amazed at were I live!

We found 4 different kinds of sponges and A was fascinated with them.

After lots of exploration, we headed home. But stopped to take a few pics.
Priest Rock.
The city of Unalaska.
A had a rough night Saturday night. She complained she was uncomfortable and it took her to 10 to get to sleep. SO we skipped church and let her sleep in. When she woke, she seemed to be feeling better and she asked to go back out to the beach to collect shells. So we loaded in the car and headed out.

We saw this old ship wreck.

And we saw several sets of fox prints before spying this little guy.

A found lots of treasures. Including this toy that had washed ashore.
When we got home we displayed some of our treasures.

It was a very fun weekend. Although, this morning A was running a low grade fever and is still complaining about being achy. So we are taking it easy today. Watching movies and reading some books, and otherwise just resting and relaxing.
I hope everyone had a great weekend too.


Joyful Learner said…
Really enjoying your updates! I'm wondering maybe our girls can be pen-pals in the future? How is the postal system there? Congrats on getting your car back!
Joyful Learner said…
Hope Ansley feels better soon!