Our busy week....A sort of vacation I guess

So last Sunday, we headed off to Texas for a very busy week. Tom had a all day long interview in Corpus Christi on Tuesday and they brought us down for a few days to see the area. On the way there we stopped for lunch at Joe's Crab Shack and A ordered the steam pot, just look at her face LOL.

We made it to Corpus Christi. The company he was interviewing with put us in a very nice hotel right on the bay. This was the view from our hotel room.

And the full moon over the bay

We went to the pier Monday morning. It was cloudy and overcast, but still really fun.

A found a shell and opened it open and was very interested in the animal that lived inside.

A Brown Pelican perched on top of the light post.

That afternoon we headed to Padre Island National Seashore,

And it started to rain,


So Dad carried her out and we drove further down the beach towards a blue patch of sky,

And tada! Beautiful blue sky and warm beaches LOL.
A found some interesting seaweed and collected lots of shells.

We had to stop at this store so that A could go to the Shark's mouth door. She saw it on our way to Padre Island National Seashore, so on the way back we stopped.

Later that evening we went to dinner and then took a walk along the bay.
This is a replica of Columbus's ship the Nina. It is in Corpus Christi bay, and well it is so much smaller then I thought it would be. I was shocked and the size of it and the thought of crossing the ocean in such a vessel. WOW

It was a perfect night

We flew from the sun to Neptune. This was also along the bay. It was to scale and allowed you to see how far the planets were really spaced. Considering how interested A is in space and space travel, well this was right up her alley LOL.

On Tuesday, A and I had lunch at a very nice restaurant on the bay while dad was in his meetings. She loved it because it was on a boat, but as she told Nana when we got back, "it was tied down so that it wouldn't float off." I never mentioned this so I guess she observed this and figured it off.
We saw this boat coming in with its catch. The birds were following it hoping to get lucky. Later we walked down and watched them unload the nets.

When DH was done for the day we headed back to Padre Island National Seashore. It was even more beautiful that day.

Just so so beautiful....and peaceful.

Wednesday we headed to Dallas. DH had a flight early Thursday morning and an interview Thursday night, and then flying back Friday morning.
The view from our hotel room at the Dallas airport....A loved it!

At Rainforest Cafe...Just the 2 of us while daddy flew out for his next interview.

We picked DH up from the airport and then drove the 3.5 hours back to Nana's house. He had about an hour to recuperate before he had another interview at 7 that night for a position he had been speaking with for a while in Unalaska, AK. It sounds like a very good position from what he's told me, and I think it would be a very interesting place to live. It is an island in the middle of the Bearing Sea. For those who have seen the show Deadly Catch, this is the island it is filmed on. It is definitely beautiful. Not sure where we will end up and trying to trust God completely. It is definitely very hard, not knowing where we will end up, but I am actually not feeling worried, which if you know my personality you will know that is a miracle in and of itself.


Olive's mum said…
Hello Amanda, i found your blog today and would like to ask you a few things by email. Is there anyway i can reach you other than public comments? Thanks!
Amanda said…
This comment has been removed by the author.